The Kilmer 2015 issue of Surgam is here!
Come to the launch party to see it unveiled, have some snacks, and pick up your free copy!
Sunday, March 1st, from 3 to 5pm
Diana Center, room 502
This special issue is filled with the winning poems from Philo’s Annual Alfred Joyce Kilmer Bad Poetry Contest.
Below is a preview: “Original Poem” by Sarah Billings, BC ’18, who took home second place.
The Fall 2014 issue of Surgam is now in print!
You can view a digital version of the issue here: Fall 2014
If you’d like a copy, check the magazine racks in buildings around campus.
Congratulations to our poets and artists, and many thanks to the team that supported every step of making this issue:
- Amelie Lasker, Augusta Harris, Brianne Felcher, Jess Pflugrath, and Rachel Dunphy on the Editorial Committee
- Brendan Stewart and Tess Cersonsky on the Financial Committee
- Robbie Lyman for the beautiful layout and design
- Caleb Loschiavo for the incredibly delicious chocolate cakes
- Our inspirational Editor-at-Large, Jean Kim
- And the Moderator of the Philolexian Society, Bella Pori
Surgam is the literary magazine of the Philolexian Society at Columbia University. We publish an issue three times a year and accept submissions of short fiction, poetry, essays, reviews, and visual art of any style. All BC, CC, SEAS, and GS undergraduates are welcome to submit.
Do you have previously unpublished work that you’d like to share? Send it to Submit2Surgam@gmail.com by Monday, October 27th to be considered for the Fall 2014 issue.
If you’d like more info about our illustrious society, check out the Philowixian at http://www.columbia.edu/cu/philo/.
Or join our Facebook page here for more updates: http://tinyurl.com/m4vxre